Okay I confess, I’ve had a fetish for Sonor for QUITE some time now and I have played on the Sonor Force 1007 many times. So you can imagine my reaction when I was asked by the brilliant people at Onstage and IndianDrummer to review the Kit.
The Sonor Force 1007 is a one-time investment. Period.
I personally have NEVER and I mean, NEVER come across a better kit YET (Yes, I’m open to the idea of a better kit being there)
With the wood-finish is incredible and lasts really long. The kit comes pre-fitted with Remo Drum heads and a Pre-Muffled Bass drum head, which to me, makes this kit PERFECT for live gigs as well.
To talk about the sound, I personally felt that the kit had a natural, deep tone and didn’t really need any kind of muffling for the overtones because, well, there were hardly any
The hardware is very sturdy and can easily last years provided you MAINTAIN the kit properly.
With the adjustable hi-hat stand legs, using a double pedal with this kit is a walk in the park, considering how annoying it is to position your left pedal close to the hi-hat pedal with the legs getting in the way.
The only issue I saw with the kit is that the kick pedal is NOT as sturdy as you would hope for because a kit like this is bound to raise your expectations, but then again you DO get what you paid for.
- Sturdy hardware
- Excellent Sound
- Smaller tom sizes which make for easy placement and adjustability
- Pedal not as sturdy as the rest of the kit
- Maintaining the kit’s finish could be a problem (in my opinion)
Value For Money:
- One-time investment. There is absolutely NO NEED for you to even think of upgrading to a higher kit. It is an excellent kit for recording, live gigs and practicing. And for the price, it’s a steal.
Quality and Endurance
- I think Sonor wanted to pamper its customers with this kit. For a mid-range kit, it has an astonishing build. Just by looking at it you know that this kit is bound to last long. I’ve seen this kit being used at many jampads and to my amazement, I haven’t seen one issue with these kits barring the drumheads (considering these kits were almost 4 years old and are still being used)
In a nutshell, this kit has everything a drummer needs and probably more for its price (Rs. 36000+). This will be there by your side for as long as you can think, provided you take decent care. Keep it clean, tune the heads and replace them when required and you won’t need to buy another kit EVER!
Well I hope I’ve been able to answer your questions. Adios!
[easyreview title="Sonor Force 1007 Rating" cat1title="Value for Money" cat1detail="" cat1rating="4" cat2title="Quality and Endurance" cat2detail="" cat2rating="4" icon="myfav"]
[framed_box width="100%px" height="250" bgColor="#EBEBEB" textColor="#991b1b" rounded="true"]
Bands : Artillerie,Spear of Destiny
Check out Aadhar’s full Profile : Click Here
[/framed_box]0 Like this Post ?